R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 buggy/truggy RTR spec class
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 AM
sullen909
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? 1/8 buggy/truggy RTR spec class

I was thinking of this for sometime. With the current explosion in the Traxxas Slash spec racing(which is freaking awesome). I think a spec RTR buggy/truggy class would be a hit. I know of a few rtr kits in both categorys for around 4-600 dollars. Basically add fuel, break-in your engine, and drive.

So why hasn't anyone made a spec class for nitro. Maybe theres a few across the world, maybe not? The logic behind this is lower cost. Nitro is expensive as it is in many different ways. When joe smoe is racing john smoe, and john is faster because of his awesome Engine/Pipe combo. Joe smoe shows up next week with the upgraded engine/pipe combo for a couple hundred more and beats john. Now john takes his motor and gets it modded out for even more performance, and shows up the next week to beat joe. Ive seen this happen before. And before you think about it, there goes 2000 dollars to race club racing which is for fun and nothing.

Basically you would run your rtr with everything from the factor except for maybe tx/rx, springs, wing, body, tires, and maybe diff fluids. So this would keep cost down to below 1000 dollars. I think it would be a hit, if someone was brave enough to try it.

What do you think?