R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hottest RC Going appears to be CORR related
Old 09-03-2008, 02:43 PM
DJ919
Tech Master

Wow, it's a snow ball effect now!
I don't think this CORR / Desert/ Baja trend will over take the current dominance of 1/8th Buggy and Truggy, but they are D*mn sure giving it a a helluva shot. Can't blame these companies for wanting to try some-what different approaches. I'm just trying to figure out why they would make them on different scales. Wouldn't it have better if Losi, and HPI came out with 1:10th scale full fender "CORR" style rides in order to spark a good rivalry with Traxxas? In my opinion AE should have 10th scaled their latest tribute to full fender off-road racing. If they did, I think Traxxas would have been feeling the heat.
So the senerio is, Traxxas jumps out with the CORR inspired Slash and Slayer on the 10th scale...Associated goes in the same direction with an even more true to CORR styled vehicle, but for now only goes Nitro and playing in the 8th ball parks. Losi brings out pretty much a basher version of the "10th Scale" XXXT with the Open wheel "Desert/Baja" styled Truck...Now it looks like HPI is going with the multi terrian game and bringing out their "Desert/Baja" version but it will probably be on a different scale than the Losi version...there4 causing no real scuffle in that department....Uh,,,Okayyyyyyy
Well, out all of them, I think only the Slash will survive this new CORR/Desert inspired craze, unless the other companies down scale to 1:10... Right now AE is too expensive, and again 8th is dominated with open wheel buggies and truggies...The B&T dominance will not stop anytime soon...The Losi Desert truck has nothing in its class so it will more than likely stay among the back yard bashing ranks, or be treated like a red-head step child when allowed to slide into races with 10th scale o.w. traditional racing platforms..Don't know WHAT to say about the HPI version as of yet, but I think it will go down the same road. I think this trend would have hit off better if they all went 10th scale and built an attractive rivalry. As far as offroad this would have been a big boost for 10th scale racing to catch up with 8th.
My opinions only, and this is only in reference to racing aspects