R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 IFS
Thread: Tamiya TA05 IFS
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 11:00 AM
AndiF
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RangerWalker
Perfect! Make adjustments as mentioned by redbones, see below my comments...

-can i use ta05(not ifs-r) -pulleys/belts etc? -what do i need? -the diff outputs are different then stock 05, right?
Yes, you can but you can also use the IFS-R pulleys and belts. Just be sure to use always the full set (diff pulleys and middle pulleys) of either the TA05 or the IFS-R (size of belts is adjusted to the respective pulley size!)

-alloy bulkheads?
http://www.stellamodels.net/catalog/...oducts_id=3140 -looks cool and since they are open, there will not be any sand/stone traps.
I recommend to use alloy bulkheads to provide additional stiffness to the chassis. I would not suggest to use the 3Racing bulkheads, they are weak and not worth the money. Use the original Tamiya-Hop Ups 53990 (rear bulkhead) and 54019 (front bulkhead for IFS).

Originally Posted by redbones
I had the ver.2 chassis from 3racing, and all the parts will fit directly(IFS-R). A word of note for the IFS version. The aluminum post base for the rocker arm is too weak, and it will bend you hit your front tires at a decent speed. one way to avoid this, is to rig a turnbuckle to connect the two tops of the posts. Still not sure if even this will be enough... 3racing should have designed one that uses the stock chassis brace.
I can fully agree with rebones. I did exactly what he is proposing and it works great, even with 4.5T and 2s LiPo. See picture. Without it, it won't last one single run...

Rgds,
Andy