R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - cen matrix
Thread: cen matrix
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 10:12 PM
AlanHall
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tree
I run on a small technical track. I initially had the same problem you are having. My buggy was all over the place too. In 2006 I spoke to a then Cen driver and he recommended changing the diffs. It made a world of difference. I started using the Kyosho diffs before Gene came out with the cross-pin conversion. If you don't have Gene Hickerson's cross-pin conversion for the diffs...get them.

My current set-up is Kyosho diffs with 5000 front / 5000 center / 2000 rear. 40wt shock oil in the front with #3 pistons mounted in the top middle hole and 35wt shock oil for the rear with #2 pistons mounted in the top outer hole. All shock ends mounted in theinner most hole on the arms. I run about -2 degrees of camber all around and I run any where from 0 to 2 degrees of toe out on the front depending on the track and a 2/2 rear suspension plate.

This set-up has been working for me but you may want to check out the Cen Racing website for set-ups.

http://www.cenracing.com/race/setup.html
when i run my rear shock that high it pops the dogg bone out ..how can i tell if i have the old or new style arms? this kit was new in january