R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated SC8 - Short Course Pro-4 Race Truck ★★★★★
Old 08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
JDCrow
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
This is where the racers and the tracks need to step up their game and maintain a strict tire rule. I can EASILY see racers trying to go faster by using buggy wheels/tires. And it would be very easy for a track operator to let a customer who shows up with an SC with and buggy tires run anyway rather than risk losing him as a customer. I'd even make the drivers use roll cage.

If I made the rules, I would have a "production" class where the truck is run as is out of the box (including on board radio gear) and a "pro" class where you can change the engine, radio gear,etc. But both classes would have to run the stock body, cage, and tires/wheels.
Rick,
Count me in, as my series will be doing just that. Same way we are doing so with the Slash vehicles.

Although I cant speak with any certainty, I am sure many of the other Series organizers like JBRL, or JConcepts Clash will do the same. At least that is the direction they have taken and maintained with the Slash to date.

Can't wait.
JD