R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Losi 1:8 buggy next year?? word is yes..
Old 08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Danny B
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Now that Losi is no longer controlled by racers. (the last few years) They have not been bringing new upgrades out like before. They do not have a large team that they supported by sending to large races like before. They have given up on TC. To bad since the JRX-S Type R was/is a great car on carpet. Now they are coming out with more toy market cars. They just announced a dirt oval buggy and 1/8 scale

So I can see a long cycle time for new products. Now that Losi is part of a money hungry conglomerate.
Did Losi steal your lollypop? lol

If I were running and R/C company I would market products to what is selling, not what all of us elitist hardcore racers want.

What's hot in R/C right now?

Not Touring Cars. 1/8 buggy and truggy have fallen off quite a bit from where it was a few years ago.

Dirt oval is on a huge comeback especially in the midwest. And one of the driving forces is running 1/8 scale buggy's on Dirt Ovals.

And yes I race oval(dirt, paved and carpet), Touring cars, 1/12, and now 1/8 off-road. Over the past 16 years I've seen all the fades come and go but the Big Dogs are still there(Losi, Associated, Trinity etc) I'd say that the longevity of the bigger R/C companies in an extremely specialized market, tells me they know what they are doing.

As far as the Eight goes, If it ain't broke don't fix it. All my locals tell me I made a mistake getting the losi, that it's got all these problems, but the more I run it the faster I get with it. Every car is going to have flaws and if they can address a few without coming out with a brand new, "must have" car more power to Losi. I'd much rather do some upgrades and hopups that shell out for a whole new car.