R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Team Tekin
Thread: Ask Team Tekin
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 09:51 AM
TRF415boy
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
hello,

Now I dont want to start a flame war or sound nasty, but please be assured that I am angry, but still I love Tekin as a company and I still use the G12 and P12 happily, so I will not talk bad or be rude...

I just want to know something and I want a plain simple and honest answer thats it.

I purchased a R1 pro, and I think, honest to god, it is worthless for hardcore 1/10 touring car racing. Am I right or am I wrong.

If I am right, what in the HEll I can do with this crap.... target practice maybe???

Please dont answer if you are not part of Tekin (owner worker etc..)

If I am wrong, I want proof. below is a list of Items I have and the problems and what I want...

I have;
Vortex 3.5, 5.5, 6.5 and 13.5
SP 4.5R
hotwire and laptop
TRF415MRE and TRF416 (just in case the ESC is picky about the car)
3PK with DSM HRS
orion 4200WC, intellect 4600
Sorex tires (24, 28, 32, 36)

What is wrong;

The car goes back, then goes forward with a nasty sound, after 25 percent throttle sound siezes
chatters and shakes on start up
start up has 0 punch you can not launch forward fast enough for A-main starts
locks up for no reason coming into a 180 turn from full throttle to full braking. full throttle to stop wait the esc locks up as well
if you spin and your car rolls backwards and you happen to hit the gas the thing starts going backwards when you punch the throttle...

What is good;

Throttle response above 50 - 60 percent. once it is rolling it is strong and smooth no complaints.

What I want.

I want my new TEKIN ESC to perform better than my old beat up heatsinkless LRP TC SPEC....
All the symptoms you gave tell me there must be a bad connection between the speedo and the motor. Does it do this with every motor, or only certain motors, or does it do some of the things on certain motors but not others ? I would replace the wires that go to the motors, and make sure I don't have a dry solder joint to start with.

I had the R1 working very well with anything over 4.5T, but I cannot answer for other motors.

I am assuming that you have updated the speedo to the latest software, it is very important that you do so as big improvements on the startup have been made in the last two versions. Timing on the latest versions can be increased a lot more than before too, so don't be afraid to go over 50 even on a 3.5