R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - You put your engine sealer where?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Don Duct
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vladconnery
There is a huge and I mean HUGE difference between a 4,6,8 cyl car and a 2 stroke engine. A gas engine does not have nitro flowing through all parts. In a gas engine the only thing the sealent comes in contact with (liquid) is oil. Read the the label in the directions and I quote "NOTE: Not recommened for use on head gaskets or parts in contact with gasoline." The reason why I can quote the label because I too was hard headed and thought I could use it. I bought some used it on an engine and now the engine. Is in the stupid a$$ hard headed users graveyard. When seeking advice on a RC site take in to consideration we know the answers because we already screwed it up by being hard headed. Use the products that were recommened to you when in doubt do it anyway for sh*ts and giggles.
What are those products? Sounded like Lucky 7 is nothing more then red RTV. And there is a comment in Amainhobbies that said Racers Edge carb sealer is nothing more then red RTV also.

So what product is left? How do you guys seal the engine, besides just simply using o-rings?

-Don