R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sportsmanship or stupid?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
UN4RACING
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
While I agree with alot of what you are saying here, 99.9% of it actually.

Why do I still detect this underlying threat in what you and alot of others on here are saying.

The "............ move over or else" type of feeling is what I get from some posts on here.
Respect is not something you ern, it's something that is 'given', or is lossed.........very easily actually.

Weather someone wants to pull over and let you by, wants to race you because he thinks he's just as fast, or has had a poor start and is already a couple of laps down after a crash. A beginner who doesn't know any better........it all doesn't really matter.
Why do people think they should have a reason before they do something like shunt them off the track or run over them? And then justify what they have done based on that reason?

They may well have driven badly, they may well have hacked you off, not let you by or caused you to break your car but none of this should give reason enough to do the same or similar to them................ just means your as bad as they are. A bad, poor or unsportsmanlike act is just that, weather done in spite, ignorence or as revenge and retaliation.

This ".......... do what I think is right or else" feeling I get from some posts on here, is...... unerving! Or am I just in the minority here?

Regards,
British Menace

PS: Good thread by the way. Good posts and discussions.
My thought is 2 wrongs don't make a right. If a fast guy will just discuss and teach. You draw more ants with sugar than poison.
I lead buy following, the competition is your wisdom.

The fast guys have to not only set the pace, But also the example.
I mean really there are a lot of scenarios here.
But the truth is moving over is respect and respect can work both ways. Hopefully we all have learned from this thread I sure did.
I just hope I never forget where I came from.
My thought is who's worse, the student or the teacher?