R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:13 AM
fishin4cars
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jrr102486
hey i have an electric 8 and was just wondering if anyone else has had the bearing spacer on the center diff fuse to the case like in the picture?

Not a uncommon problem. Like micrors4guy said, there is a alloy spacer and an aluminum bearing housing that can be bought that will help with that problem alot. Be sure and keep you diff fluids changed regularly and inspect and change the bearings. Mine did the same thing about a month after I got it. I found out then that there was only grease put in the diff. instead of diff fluid in the RTR model. Some moisture got in my diff case and actually seized the bearing to the race. I now use a little lubricate on the race (never sieze) and use only ceramic bearings in the cases. the ceramic bearings run about $10 a set for the diffs and I have yet to have another sieze up since that first one. Nothing more flustrating than to have that happen on race day. You'll hear it over and over again. The key is maintance. Know your car from the inside out. Take care of your eguip., Replace those bearings and check fluids and check to make sure all screws are tight. I can tell you from experience, a little maintance and effort on the bench will save you a LOT of headache and flustration when your out there running!