R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sportsmanship or stupid?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Merciless
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
Is it your position that someone battling for 4th 5th or 6th place should just move over for the leaders even if it means losing a spot or two in their own battle?
The simple and widely understood answer is YES.

I can't think of a situation where moving over to be lapped would HAVE to result in a racer losing a place to someone there racing for position. I know it CAN happen, but can't think of a situation where it's deffinate. If you asking if I think it's right even though they'll lose ground, well that all depends on how they allow the pass to be made, If everyones on the same page and works to help each other then VERY LITTLE ground will be lost. If the back marker holds up the front runners while continuing there battle at some point the front runners are going to try and pass, this is the point at which accidents occur and the back marker accuse's the front runner of taking him out, when what actually happened is he shut the door on someone thats already waited an age in the vain hope he moves a little to allow them through.........

Also remember the guys infront that your battling with should be letting the front runners through too. So they will loss about the same amount of time as you when they do. If this isn't the case and your finding you lose alot of ground when being lapped and those infront of you don't, MAYBE it's time to take a little time out. MISS a race or to and see how the better drivers allow the front runners through without losing alot of ground doing it YOU will become a better driver for it.

PLEASE remember I'm talking generally and about a generic situation, I don't know you guys personnelly or about the problems you might be having locally where you race.

This is "best practice" advise and I believe in a perfect world we'd all like to have a good race. Unfortunately some people will be at the back of the field whilst some will be at the front. NO ONE should be trying to upset someone else's race. Therefore holding up the front runners and interferring with there race because your busy battling in you race, is equally as bad as them not caring about your battle and hacking through at the first opertunity they get. It's all about WORKING TOGETHER .........

Rod