R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sportsmanship or stupid?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:57 AM
move over
Suspended

Originally Posted by British Menace
Again, there are good points in what you say but I feel you let yourself down at the end.
This attitude of "an eye for an eye" does not work and is so dissopointing........... to me anyway.

If you do something, or are willing to do something wrong, bad, unsportsman like. Then your as bad as the 14th place guy who is intentionally trying to block you. Just because you have, what in your eyes is a good reason, does not entitle you to make that "choice" as you put it and move him out of the way.

It comes down to the type of person you are and the environment you were brought up in or live in now. If you are used to people doing bad or unkind things around you, or if were brought up to hit back if hit environment, then you may end up perceiving that a driver on the track is trying to block you when actually, they are panicking and do not know how or what to do with a three way fight for the lead right on his tale!

Yes, there are those who do this and want to keep you behind them. But if you've ever tried to do this. To on purposly block those behind you. It takes some skill !

People will be who they are. A tree is known by it's fruit. So if you take out another car with that intent. To move them out of the way, or to take them out the race...........for what ever reason you drum up inside of you.
It does not make it 'right', no matter what reason you state for your acts..........no matter how frustrated you are. You have still done wrong !
I don't know about the whole two wrongs don't make it right bit............

........and while I think I uderstand where you were going with what you are trying to say --- I want to relate it back to my rookie days when it felt as if a swam of bees were upon my butt when the leaders approached, and how it reminded me of warning my son for playing with a wasp nest if you're going to mess with them expect to get stung, and if you don't have enough sense to run or get out of their way expect to get what you have coming. Because at that point all the excuses or explanations in the world don't matter.