R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Vintage racing scene and buggy classes poll.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Ray Wood
Tech Regular

Wink boomerang

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
OK Ray, that is a challenge if there was ever one, I recall you with the 7 cell, I had the Optima with 7 cell and a Checkpoint 15 turn with slot car brushes, (still got it) remember the 1987 Snives Aussie Champs race with the oval and a small dogleg for 7 cell, the first lap was the oval and the second and rest had the dog leg, remember the race where the guy put the board down for the dog leg as we started and everbody ran into the board flat out head on. You get your Big Wig and i will get my Worlds Dogfighter made up and try you again, can you tell me, did you EVER get second, I DONT THINK SO (sung), all I recall is you winning all the bloody time.
AUSSIE BOB
I did win a lot then hey, great memories, But that talk about gearboxes ??? I never had problems with the boomer gears, I thought they were very strong. That was my advantage then as everbody else ran slip in their systems, so I always got a holeshot from the grid and just had to stay far enough in front not to get into the fighting traffic _ easy!!
As for the Porche 959 at Horsby - that was an awesome track and day. I love off road tracks that scare the shit out of me.
I wish you guys would use you names on this forum so we know who we are talking too - what a good idea.
I will make arrangements to have a 7 cell Boomerang ready for next years vintage race. If I can get a "Lunch Box", I'll try and get Ty to come and race it
Stingray