R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
DirtyDezPirate
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by btracing
Hi Guys,

Thanks to all your help previously I solved my problem of clutch bearings failing. CHEERS

Anyway I have been getting low run times with my clutch shoes before they are worn out. I have been running 2 ally, 2 carbon, standard losi shoes with green springs on carbon & gold on alloy. Last week I managed to get a max of 2 hrs racing and they are worn out complete. I had a look at inside of clutchbell (14T) and its quite rough,

So my questions what tips and times do you achieve.

I have now got a new LOSI 14T clutchbell, 2 KHZ 7075 hard Alum shoes & 2 Dynamite Max Life Alum Shoes to try to see if this gives any better life.
What spring setups would you recommend.

Do you do any maintenance between races i.e. sand down the inner clutch bell to make nice and smooth again as new.

CheerS
if you have quick engine mount.. it will only take few mintues to do. I usually check them in between every races.. sometimes it can be the bearings, sometimes it can be the shoes cracking or hole has strenched out.. happen to me three times.

I have been hearing rumors about green and gold springs.. i run gold and silver as Mike T's setup. my clutch shoes lasted me two days (practice day and race day). I run 14tooth bell and a eb mod 0S VZB V-spec..