R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sportsmanship or stupid?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 AM
blowpopracer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
This post is so well said.
+1 Slow drivers pay the same amount as a fast driver to race.
What next duct tape a slow "marshal" and lay him across the finish line so every one can bash into him at the end of the race.

There are higher priorities to being a sportsman than just getting out of the way.
We have all been slow.
+2 I have found that the people with the biggest attitudes are the home town heros. You know the ones Im talking about the guys that consistantly place top 5 at their home track and think they are god because they are good at "club racing". Put them in a big race and it can be quite humbling for them. The other ones that moan alot is the guys who run the intermediate or sportsman class and dont like dealing with the "slow" drivers yet they wont move up to pro because they wont win as much. I have a major problem with that group of people cause they have the option of moving out of the beginnner or slow crowd but instead they would rather sandbag to win.

Racing is racing and you should be considerate. If the fast guy laps me I dont drive like a maniac trying to race him into the next corner as he is obviously much faster. I also will not and do not block anyone by driving defensively.

Bottom line is be courteous and remember that while it is racing it is also a hobby. I am in a position where I could race a full size car but I dont cause I enjoy the camaraderie. Where I race there is excellent competition and they have some really good drivers. But when I look around the pits I see a few people quit doing it and only 1 or 2 people came to replace the 10 that quit. I also see no kids at my track. I think its sad for a hobby and a racetrack to see that happen and wonder how much of it has to do with poor sportsmanship.