View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Besercoe
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hey Dai,

Interesting news... car isn't discontinued it would seem
I'm certainly going to grab some of the blue Ti turnbuckles, I have a full on blue thing going on at the moment... Even picked up some of the Square 3mm blue lock nuts, just so I can have a blue lock nut on the belt stabiliser!

I do envy the fact you guys on the continent get reasonable support for TRF's... we get nitch, natch, nadda (nothing) over here in the UK. I've been giving serious thought about approaching the UK dist. over it, hopefully someone from there will be at the Yatley non-championship Tamiya Cup event in a few weeks.....

Good luck with the German Championship, I'm sure the car will be fine

Cheers
Ed
Hi Ed, its nmot just the UK, the Aussie disty will not even order the kits in anymore. Its all got to do with the dual pricing models employed by Tamiya, due to the majority of their sales being in Japan, and the high competition with HPI in Japan, Tamiya discounts the wholesale price, so the end result is that the Overseas Disty pre freight price is only marginally less than the Japan full retail price.

I was actually involved in a conversation with Mr S Tamiya at a trade show with the importer trying to get through to them how serious this issue is, He would not accept the fact that so many people shop over the internet straight to Japan either. It is such a shame that business decisions liek this virtually eliminate the market in countries outside of Japan.