R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 06:58 AM
YmeBP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
What ackerman position are you using for the steering posts?

I recently picked up a type R and so far have been please with its progress but I haven't quite gotten the initial turn on high to low speed entry or or transitional steering through s-turns I would like yet, any tips on how to improve the car in these areas would be appreciated.

So far I have found myself running high front w/low +030" rear roll centers, either 15 or 17.5lb springs and both ends, high front diff height with usually a high rear diff height & & overdrive spool. 1.25 deg camber on all corners with std fr link in #1 hole & rear link in 4/a, shocks all the way up in the front and all the way down in the rear, .40 bars front & back, 1.5deg rear toe with 2deg inboard and -.5 outer, arms back in the rear and centered in the front. 2.5mm uptravel in the rear, 1.5mm uptravel in the front, stk hexes, 35wt oil @ 50% rebound, 5mm height in the front & 5.5mm rear. ackerman is setup with posts forward, position 1 on the rack & knuckle w/ a .030 shim for bumpsteer.

In general the rear feels too planted at corner entry and onpower transitions and just pushes the front out of the corner. Weight is 50/50 front to back.

Mark
At the suggestion of racers from Jackson R/C raceway i switched the ball stud on the steering rack to the holes closest to the centerline of the car and BAAAAMMM! turn in!