R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Boomer
Tech Elite

One of the primary problems (and only serious problems) is the hinge pin holders are too soft and the holes will deform. Also - the steering rack is not my favorite design. It gets too dirty for my taste.

I've seen holders that have delrin inserts that are self-lubricating (delrin) and don't deform. Since toe angles and bump are controlled by these holders, you're either replacing them or putting up with toe that's slightly off.

Some have modded their chassis to allow the use of the NTC3 steering linkage. I've got a chassis that has that, but haven't tried it yet.

Otherwise, I think the car is solid, fast and very well designed.

Many are starting to mod the chassis to use the NTC3 steering and to move the batteries closer to the centerline (partly because electronics are getting lighter - the car used to be very well balanced - and partly to bring the center closer to the center. . .) You don't have to do these, but the ability is there to play with the car to make incremental improvements. I'm waiting to see AE do what Yok did and produce a different narrower chassis. . .