R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro fuel prices went up, converting nitro buggy to lipo,brushless its a good idea
Old 07-17-2008, 02:53 PM
wingracer
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killjoyken
Wow, reading some of the post from you "die hard" nitro guys reminds me why I stopped racing. Do you guys even realize how retarded you sound yelling at the turn marshals or other drivers? IT'S JUST A FREAKIN HOBBY! Get over yourselves. You're not Adam Drake. The world is not going to end if you don't finish first. It's supposed to be fun, but you jackasses manage to suck every ounce of fun from it.

If you like nitro, just enjoy it and leave the electric guys alone. Honestly I think you guys are just butt sore and don't realize that you're the ones sounding like women and children. And I've raced electric and nitro, so I know the pros and cons of both. No one is "forcing" electric down your throat. Just because it's gaining popularity now and the battery and motor tech has finally surpassed nitro in power doesn't mean you guys aren't going to be able to race anymore. Plus, you guys have had the limelight for the past 10 years or more, so quit your whining.

You can keep your smell, noise, and mess.
First off all, if you like electric that's great. Enjoy it and leave us nitro guys alone. Follow your own advice. Second, I have seen many an electric racer screaming at turn marshals and other drivers. I quit electric because I find electric racers far too serious.

And finally, if you want to switch to electric because you think it's cool and want to do it that's fine but to use a slight rise in the cost of fuel as an excuse just doesn't fly. Every time someone comes out with a hot new lipo pack or charger or brushless speed control or whatever it's always a few dollars more then the previous one. When I started racing electric the best battery packs you could get were $20 a piece. At the same time nitro fuel was around $18 a gallon. Which one has gone up more?