R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEN Matrix TR
Thread: CEN Matrix TR
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 09:14 PM
chrobar
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by malik
Actually I am going to 17mm hubs as soon as the wheels and tires get here. What does that do for the axles.
What I did was shim the outside of the hub before the hex in the rear. In the front, I shimmed all the way before the hub, hex, and carrier. They should be the last things on the CVD after the bearings. By doing this, you push the CVD farther into the cup therefor eliminating the problem of the CVDs popping out. Another tip I got from a friend is to use an o ring along with a few shims in the front. I also put some fuel tubing on the shock shafts. I'm doing so much because I want to be sure that I won't have a cvd pop out while on the track. I haven't had any issues so far with the oring..just using shims, I had one pop out after a large jump into the face of another one. All I did was gas it a bit and it was all good. I did add one shim after this, just to be sure. The best thing you can do though is get CEN's new arms. They are probably the best solution. I still run the stock long arms.