R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 8ight starter box
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 01:35 PM
cota348
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jonro
So the box requires absolutely no modification to box or buggy and works stock out of the box, sorry about being so anal about this but ive already wasted $50 on the 10245 ofna box(http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/11556) and it dosent work with the 8ight, well the actual pegs just line up but the flywheel on my 8ight pro kit is still too high and the box wheel just dosent reach it. If i take the front peg holder and pegs off the box it lowers the chassis enough to make full contact but then has no front pegs, witch i guess is still doable and im gonna attempt to start my buggy tomorrow using it like this but its dodgy as hell.

I know there are a lot of 8ight owners out there and someone must have a definitive answer to a box OTHER THAN THE LOSI BOX that will start the 8ight with no modding to ether box or buggy.

So right now im looking at the ofna blue truggy box or the Kyosho Multi Starter Box Pro 2.0, so please if you know for sure one of these boxes or something else works with the 8ight kit with no modding please reply.

Big thanks for any help.
I own a Losi and a OFNA truggy starter boxes, both work fine, it is faster on the Losi since the car fits perfectly and if you have a Truggy it is a plus.

I remember when the buggy came out a lot of beef about the boxes that where available, because the RTR chassis had a smaller opening that the Pro Kit. Also one of the options was to fill the wheel until it fitted the hole.

Sometimes as Integra explained you should take the reviews with some caution, recently I read that the Losi buggy was a great car if the throttle servo did not burn. The person that wrote this comment is ill informed to say the least.

Also, if you are planning on racing, make sure to at least bring to the pit some flawless equipment, you don't want to loose because your starter box did not perform under pressure, try to save a little more a get a better box that will last you for a long time.