R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a new .21 engine for offroad buggy.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 AM
supralative
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
The Ex Tech is Sirio based. I don't know how close it really is to the Sirio you mentioned, though. But, it does have the huge advantage of being EB tuned.
I am running the Race Prepped Ex right now. It is easily in my top 3, if not totally my fav of all I have run in the past. Only reason I am saying top three, as opposed to #1, is that I've only got maybe 3/4 Gal through mine so far.
I have run...
RB S73
OPS T and S (hated the S, loved the T-also among my fav top 3)
Werks B3 - the 3rd to mention of my fav top three
Reid Modded NR 215K
SH 2400PT

I know there's others...just can't think of em now.
I had bad luck with SH motors hehee.
I wont be buying a modded motor as of yet. I know it smooths out the power so you can drive quicker but learning throttle control is something I will get better also. I know RB's are great, but everyone runs that at our track and I just want something different.

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Hack driver, Hack driver lol, just get you a lil rtr .21 its all the power you can handle man.lol

I understand what you mean about wanting something different, but you really cant go wrong with the S5, judging by your lap times there doesnt seem to be much wrong with your set up. Only thing I could suggest would be the WS7 setup, but, as soon as my s5 dies i will probably go with a ws7.
Yea no RB for me, just because I want to give something else a shot. My lap times are not good yet because the S5 is so wore out. Even with a run at the rhythmn section I couldnt make the triple. I am a motor away from consistent 12's and will lower that to a quick 12 soon hehee.

Originally Posted by malik
From your writing it looks like your from the US so get the Trinity, parts are very close and there are alot of people on here that have them to help you if you get stuck some where.
Yes I am from the US. We have a great group of guys at the track that are very helpful in tuning also.