R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Murnan Modified Motors
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
Hi. I do have before, and after dyno sheets on both. Maybe I will post them sometime in the future.

The stock Red Dot with 2607 pipe makes more torque than the stock R3 with the RB2604 pipe until about 25K rpm. Then the R3 makes more torque than the red dot from 25K up. Both make almost the same amount of peak torque, it just happens in very different places in the powerband.

The R3 has much higher peak HP numbers than the red dot though. The stock R3 is faster than the stock Red Dot on a larger track. The Red Dot can feel like it goes flat compared to the R3 on a long straight with the 2607 pipe.

The MM Red Dot has improved top end power over the stock one, but the MMR3 is going to be faster, and much more reliable than the MM Red Dot. The MMR3 has a wonderfully smooth powerband, without lacking power anywhere.

Both of the engines will run long enough on one tank of fuel to easily make runtime in a 5 minute qualifier, longer if you drive smooth.

The Picco will require 2x the amount of connecting rods over the life of the engine when compared to the RB engine. The Picco carb is not as easy to tune as the RB. The Picco powerband is not as easy to drive due to gobs of low end torque.

I would go with the MMR3 for the most speed out of the engines listed. The MM Red Dot is fast, I just prefer the MMR3. It is easier to drive, more reliable, and easier to tune.

I am only looking to debate this, I am not looking to argue........if having me ask questions pisses you off you in any way I will stop..... I was under the impresion that the Picco was the highest powered .12 ( based off dyno results)....so seeing you say the RB has much higher peak #'s has me curious..the Picco already made 1.13 HP on the X-Dyno how much stronger can the RB be ? its really a shame you dont have a X-Dyno so your dyno numbers could be compared to other motors tested on the X..for some reason your dyno reads much higher then the X even tho you use the same software

Last edited by Maximo; 07-14-2008 at 05:57 AM.