R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - maifield grp and the nats told ya so
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:12 AM
captain america
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swen
It IS sad, people buy things based on what these top drivers run. If a company can just buy their products name into the results sheet, without it actually being used, it's very disturbing to me.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Beyond the fact that it creates controversy among us enthusiasts, there are also very serious legal implications that could come back to bite GRP/Maifield in the bum, which is why I think it may have been GRP that actually terminated the relationship.

I'll quote for you from section 380 of the Criminal Code of Canada. It's likely very similar to what you have in the US, albeit worded differently:

"380. (1) Every one who, by deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means, whether or not it is a false pretence within the meaning of this Act, defrauds the public or any person, whether ascertained or not, of any property, money or valuable security or any service,

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a term of imprisonment not exceeding fourteen years, where the subject-matter of the offence is a testamentary instrument or the value of the subject-matter of the offence exceeds five thousand dollars; or

(b) is guilty

(i) of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or

(ii) of an offence punishable on summary conviction,

where the value of the subject-matter of the offence does not exceed five thousand dollars."

Now that I think about it, wasn't there also a class-action suit against Losi/Horizon for labelling products not made in the usA as "MADE IN THE USA"?