R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MRX-4X
Thread: MRX-4X
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 PM
chicky03
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by automator
Had a question about the rear body mount on the MRX4(well, all 1/8th scales)...there are two positions on the body mount arm where the piece coming off the rear upright mounts. How does changing this position change the handling of the car? Also how does changing the position of the centering post change the handle of the car?

Next question is about the bearing position, I believe most call it wheel scrub, I would appreciate if someone would explain the affects of that as I am clueless as to what it does.

Thanks!
Having the supports on the outside gives the car more rear traction. I have only run them in on really high traction. The lower the center post the more steering. I run mine slightly below center most of the time.

The more scrub the more steering front and rear. In the rear it makes the car slide more and in the front it acts similar to more castor.

Originally Posted by motojon
Hey what brand tires is everyone running I tried the RB and they worked O.K. just not reall fond of the silver/grey rims?
Kawahara seem to be the most consistent. GRP's are my second choice. I have heard good things about the RB tires also but I have never tried them.

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Who sells an cheap Pop Rivet gun for attatching body stiffners??? I woild like to use pop rivets rather than screws

Pass you soon
I got mine at Home Depot.