R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 02:43 AM
HI_808
Tech Regular

About four months ago, I recently switched over to lipo since my old GPs really started to give out. With the GP3900 6 cell, my TA05R + Novak 13.5SS was quick and easily controllable; the change to lipo made it somewhat erratic on asphalt whereas my TA05MS also with a 13.5SS really came to life. I thought that I'd be able to tune the TA05R to regain it's old "personality", but I've tried countless different things to no avail. Even adding ballast to make the lipo weigh as much as the GP3900 made very little difference. I came to the conclusion for my own taste, the lipo gives too much punch (probably due to the smoother discharge curve) for the TA05R.

After researching on the forum that lipo fitment isn't a problem with the 416, I finally decided to pick one up as a replacement car. It's nice to come home from work and then find that the brown truck santa clause left a TRF416 . Building the new car won't be as quick as usual since I'll be busy for the next week, though. I'm also probably going to refer back here to you guys for tips. Thanks for what you've already provided!