R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Elings Park Inter... Santa Barbara, Ca
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
EPIR
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rezenclown3
When did this happen and why?
This happened over the last few months. Reason being that if SBRCCA kept "running" the track, it would disappear sooner than you all think.

Can we at least transfer the sweet pics that Cassidy took over to this new website especially the track pic and driver stand pic?
It would be an option with permission from the photographer or Cassidy.

As a member
I don't know if you ever filled out a form, but without signing anything you should technically not be using the track. Whatever check you write, it should be written to Elings Park. But seeing as how you are selling out, I doubt you will even sign up.

this is kind of disturbing as the sbrcca website was kick ass, and this "move" is so sudden
There website is very useful and has lots of great pictures of racing. The move seems sudden if no one is watching.

with no talk of why, who is in charge, what is now going to happen with the track etc.....
Did you look at the website? Here is a snapshot of the first thing that comes up

What is this T4 thing on mondays?
It is to help get people into R/C. It is open to anyone, so if you want to come out and bet a dollar on your driving skill...

Honestly, monday is probably a bad day to have an RC event, racing nationwide happens on weekends. If the club is HUGE (200+members, or like 100+ show on raceday) then it might make sense to have several races throughout the week, kind of like Seattle Indoor Raceway. Right now we struggle just to get 20+ members to show, as less than half a dozen racers are local.
Its all in the plans. We are thinking about holding races and giving contingency money to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place of each class. People probably aren't showing up as much because SOMEONE keeps canceling races and flipping out over simple minded things. Who wants to show up to a canceled race?

Personally THIS is something that we should especially have a club meeting about.
Reality is talking doesn't do anything. There were people out there DOING improvements to the track. We are not talking track surface here, we are talking about the tracks future. Think about it, how many club members did you see out at the track while it was being worked on? You were there, what were you doing with levi? Jake from marty's was there, using the track with his buddy. The reality of it is, there is no one helping and we don't expect it anymore.

Essentially with this "transition" comes the death of SBRCCA...though I do think the current sbrcca website should be kept, just the url and correct track name changed... you could even get a redirect from sbrcca.com to what you have now. People know the sbrcca website.
I have to agree. SBRCCA is going down and it has been ever since the Pit Stop days. If the SBRCCA website wants to link to us, that would make it even more useful.

Ya, Im freaking out..but only because I like so many other members have worked our butts off trying to get the club back to what it was and what it can be.
Your probably freaking out over nothing. Don't give up now because of a simple name change, if you do then you probably weren't part of the solution anyways.

Facing the facts, if we want a permanent spot in the park with a badass off-road/on-road facility, Change it good.