R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 Forum
Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 02:15 AM
kavadni
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martinst
The steering on the TT01 is pretty poor to be fair. The steering set and turnbuckles help greatly, but the whole setup is let down by the front hub pivots. I've got the all alloy upgrade setup on one car which is good for strength but even with the upgrade metal pivot balls top and bottom of the hubs its very tricky to get the steering smooth. Fully tightened the steering won't move and slackened off you induce play. I've eventually got the screws slackened off and threadlocked, but its a poor design. Has anyone come up with a resolve for this ? My other TT01 has the plastic hubs and at least slackened off the screws don't move.

My TA05 MS in comparison is so much smoother and theres no messing with loosening off screws to get optimum movement.
Martin,

I have 3Racing aluminium uprights and Square-rc Flourine coated delrin pivot balls. It's better, but has updown freeplay in the arms. The arms wear.

My next action will be to try the 3Racing upper arms, castor and made of delrin. I'll let you know.

What pivot balls are you using?

Kevin