R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB Evolution V
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 03:35 PM
m3ndo5a
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Not to argue, but when I did the conversion rates for Rc Champ the car totaled in at $370 USD, then they charge a bank fee, something like $12, And they make you pay the pay-pal fee 4% I was quoted, then EMS shipping was all I seen that they offered to USA $80 maybe, they offer something else? I specifically emailed them asking how to order from US and this was the fee's they sent me.

I have no ideal what they was quoting you....on the EVO5MS

There us no banking fee if you are paying paypal.....just the Paypal fee that I do not agree with personally....but I been given them business for years, so I will not start on that.

Shipping was $40 for me on the EastCoast it took Three Day to get the Package.

I also order parts which after all was said and done I paid $430, which is way cheaper than stateside or getting the car esle where.

The kit is together with EVO4 spool.

the only mod I made was shave the Aluminum Spur Gear plate just to fit Larger pinion gears....88/48~50 4.2 FDR.

The car chassis is the flatest of all my kit, yet the tweak board showed a tweak on the Car as well as the center lift. I never had a balance set up problem or tweak to this level b4. I end up twisting the Chassis which balance the car.

SOOOOOOooooooo much steering..I dualed it out to about 65%.....the car is very responsive......handles better than my 416.....it stick to the track like no ones business. I did notice the huge amount of drag brake the the car has, since I did not change the setup profile from the 416......and brakes are crazy......this thing stops! like it has Brembro brakes. This car is an Infield Killer!

I will load up my pictures later.