R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a new .21 engine for offroad buggy.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
jpz_67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

You have a tough list to pick from but the 3 that I would narrow my decision down to would be an RB, Novarossi, or the Ninja. Rb engines are great motors, I have owned more RB's than anything, mainly the 7 ports. With a properly geared and piped 7 port you will have all the bottom you need and outstanding top end, the runtime is also pretty good. I have been able to get about 9.5 mins to a tank which would allow for about 8.5 min pit stops. The novarosssi is equally impressive but with even more bottom due to its long stroke. I just finished up with a ninja a few months ago and was very impressed with it as well. I thought it had about the same bottom end as a vspec but with more top end. The only downside is that even though I ran the suggested ninja pipe with the motor and ninja plugs, I did not get all the serious runtime a lot of people claimed. At best I could pit at 8 mins and out around 9mins. That was for me, but with all three motors you should easily be able to get at least 8-9 gallons of life from them. Like I said, that is a very tough list to choose from and really I think whatever you choose you should be fine. Hope this info helps.

Last edited by jpz_67; 07-02-2008 at 10:56 PM.