R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I need your help [Buggy Gurus]
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Realize that the motor, radio, and servos are "sub par" on any RTR... and there are probably some other parts that they went "cheap" on. If I was already racing one type of vehicle (which you are) and had a decent radio (do you?) I'd buy another receiver for that radio and use it. Ok, $50-100. Add a motor and pipe (Go 3-port maybe for $120 or so, Dynamite 053 for $49) some decent servos ($200?) and pick a buggy. It will cost you more short term, but in the long run it will be cheaper.

If you absolutely MUST have an RTR, the Hyper 8 looks decent, (do they have an 8.5 yet?) but I like the Jammin better.

The Jammin X1X is a GREAT car, but the RTR has some compromises (dogbones instead of CVDs in the rear, cheaper, thinner shock towers, etc.) Note that it uses dogbones in the center too... but I "downgraded" to dogbones in the center on my car because they have less rotating mass. It DOES have the Super Big Bore shocks. I don't know the specs on servos, but almost every RTR out there has crappy servos...

The other OFNA stuff is not nearly as good...