R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 06:01 PM
The Bear
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
At some point (maybe soon and maybe not) somebody may come forth with a lipo powered 1/12th scale solution that's fast and that handles great. If and when that happens, then it will be time to discuss if or how to accommodate such a ride within the racing rules. But that has yet to happen. On the upside, at this time there's more great 1/12th scale cars than ever to choose from and the class does seem to be growing and building some momentum and interest. I choose to celebrate that this is happening and to welcome the new participants to the class. For me, I'll stick with my CRC car(s) because they work great, the quality is there, and the support is unmatched. But I enjoy and appreciate all other designs. The main thing is that we get together and have good solid competitive racing at a sensible cost. And right now, 1/12th scale is better than ever with respect to affordability, ease of operation, and available choices. Long live the little cars! Let's race.
Originally Posted by SlowerOne
You know of only two, perhaps those of us telling you that the issue is weight might know of more? And, perhaps, that means we are answering your question correctly by saying that LiPo has no current future in 12th until it solves the weight and size issues?

Just because a technology works in one area, does not mean it works in every area. LiPo is a technology that works replacing NiMh as a power source. However, from a handling point of view it doesn't work! In Off-Road, everyone over here is having to add weight to the car to retain handling. In TC, they are also adding weight to make it work.

I suppose we are a bit short with some of these replies, so apologies. However, when we tell people it won't work, we get the never-ending replies telling us that LiPo is the future and it must work. Please accept that LiPo as a technology is not the future for pan cars.
oh, I hung onto my cell cycling gear for a while. And then I woke up and started running lipo. In the North East, Lipo is dominating the TC and Dirt scene. Throwing on some weights isn't a big deal and actually gives you more adjustability.

Just look around and try to find GOOD cells.... And by good I don't mean looking at whatever number was thrown on the pack. Cells are getting harder to get and once a 1/12th pack is produced you'll all be talking about weight distribution and adapting just like everyone else.

2 cents.