R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OCM KAOS DOMINATING
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 08:52 AM
vnmsgt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinbuster
I'll have to try the WD-40 on a set of truggy arms. The first batch, that I boiled for 20 minutes, couldn't hold up to the abuse I put them through when breaking the truck in. They started to show stress cracks on the underside of the arms in addition to the one arm that I snapped.

If any updated arms come through, please post. If the Caster arms are a direct fit, I may try them.
The arms you have now, Without boiling them are they very stiff? I supposedly got the most recent batch of truggy arms this week and was told they are supposed to be fine. I was not to receive them unless they were. I was told the reason the old arms were very stiff was that they had some carbon fiber mixed in them. True..??? I do not know but the ones I have in stock are now are flexible. If you want to try a set of Caster K8T arms along with the OCM ones let me know. The Casters are pretty cheap too but you have to buy 2 sets as each set comes with a front and rear lower together, not like the OCM that has them separated. I will try and make sure myself on my truggy that the caster ones fit this weekend and will know 100% only thing I can see might be different is the casters has e-clips on the rear upright lower hole and the OCM is captured so the hole might be a different size. Will update later on when I find out.