R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HB Ask Jeremy Felles (Nitro Edition)
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 07:17 PM
two4one
Tech Rookie

Default engine trouble

I have a old nitro sport that I bought a couple of years ago and broke the crank in the original engine after a couple of gallons of nitro. I now have a HB 28000 .18 Size engine Purple that I bought at a local hobby shop that is no longer open (leisure time hobbies closed down a few years ago). The engine has had about gallon of nitro ran through it and the other day I started it and it ran for about 90 seconds and died. After wearing out both arms trying to restart, I bolted the easy start back on and went through two recharges on the starter battery, still not starting. Then Pulled the head off and noticed on one side of the piston sleve it looks to have some wear, scuff marks. It is getting fuel and has new glow plug, from what I have been reading I think that it will not start due to the scuff on the liner not allowing it to build up enough compression. What do you think? Would I be able to just replace the liner being that it has only had a gallon ran through it and what may have caused this problem? FYI after break in it never seemed to tune out at WOT, about the time it would start winding up the engine would start cutting out, not sure if this may have lead to the problem or not.