R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 05:45 PM
PartTime
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi guys.

Went racing today. Track was big, smooth and clean. About twice the size I normally run on. A little suger/water in the corners and have at it. The stock setup for the TC5R worked great ! Pretty smooth and easy to put where you want it with out throwing the rear around.

If I was to change the set up at all it would have been to up the spring rate one step frt/rear to cope with the higher speed sections of the track. Other than that and needing way more top end.... it was awsome.

I started with the G6 body and it was pretty good but a bit touchy at the end of the strait. So I put my stratus 3.0 AP on that I have for carpet and it was better. Smoother but balanced everywhere. Very consistant and ripped from everybody in the infield. I geared it up 4 teeth for the main. It was smoother in the infiield and had pretty good topend. I Went a lap better than TQ (not me) and got lucky a couple of corners in and checked out. Love when that happens. It doesnt happen offen with the guys I race with. The car was easy to drive fast.

DK

P.S. My car has the thicker chassis/top deck.
Edit: Sway bars are on.