R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Whats the easiest way to put Clutch shoes on a 8T
Old 06-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Revo-lution
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

After battling my 8 and 8T clutches for the last few months I decided to find a way to fix this once and for all so I didn't have to go through dremeling the pins one at a time every time I changed the clutches.

I was at the track and my Composites gave out - the aluminum were still good. Decided to swap them all out and get back out - as I am stubborn and do not want to leave practice nights.

I needed a ten minute solution to a clutch swap at the track and they say necessity is the mother of invention....... So in a moment of desperation I pulled out all new clutches, springs, pins and stuck them all in the flywheel and got them started.

Reach around behind me and grab a tie strap and zipped it around the clutch tight. It pulled all the clutch shoes in perfect and I just gave the shoe a nudge sideways to drop the pin in the hole.

BAM....... I was able to swap my clutches in 5 minutes and I have done it twice since then. No shaving, drilling, cursing..... Zip tie the clutch and slide the shoe a little to the right (the natural direction the spring pushes the shoe is left) and the pins drop in like butter........

Hope it helps you all in the future.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4614.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	344674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4615.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	344675  

Last edited by Revo-lution; 06-13-2008 at 09:49 PM.