R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 05:23 PM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
Hi guys,

I wanted to provide some insight into the overall price of the car as it relates to the materials used.

First I'd just like to say that the street price on this car has dropped approx. $90 US from the Andy Moore edition which makes it much more reasonable and gives it a stronger stance in the market.

Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to provide the same number of hop-ups at the same price so certain "non-critical" items were changed to less exotic materials to provide a vehicle that more people could afford.

It is un-fair to compare our car to a TC5 or a Losi Car as the HB TC has a much larger number of machined Aluminum parts, as well as the optional locking spool/front one-way, all of which equals a huge increase to our cost. Every tiny bit of cost incurred by the manufacture is multiplied quite a bit by the time it reaches the end consumer. While the TC might not have all the Hop ups the Moorespeed had, it does have much higher quality materials than those used on the Losi or AE rides (both of which are excellent cars) along with some new/different high performance parts which easily justify the $30 difference in price.

Hara won the Reedy race with nearly a stock car, which I know is tough to consider relevant due to his excellent driving abilities, but it does prove that the car can perform without modifications.

In the end I think our engineering/production team did an awesome job of finding ways to lower the cost while improving the performance of the car. I also value the input of everyone on here as clearly the majority of you would like to see the car reach an even more affordable price tag which I don't think we can over look.

Thank you all for your interest in HB and I wish you all happy racing,

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

thanks for paying attention to our concerns...I know that soon HB TC will defenitely be a great car sales wise because HB will work with its consumers on fairer prices...you''ve already changed and have dropped quite a bit accordingly, which is awesome, and sales have climbed because of it.

Its just that right now for those that have a WCE, its really not worth it, since performance wise, the only things really needed is the new diff, and maybe the GRP brace, and possibly the new suspension arms...but going to the TC from a WCE is downgrading value wise...its better to just wait for the updated TC Hara Edition which will probably come out after the worlds or early next year, which will come with the good CVDs, and aluminum diff, etc...

But for some one looking for a new car, getting the TC is good, but not paying $400+ for it.

Speedtech Rc is selling them at $379, and now Stormer is listing them at $379 also, which is nice. That's more like it. And that shows that HB is listening, which is great.