R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What size/no. of ports engine for all out performance?
Old 06-12-2008, 07:23 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonro
Why not the .28s? doesn't more displacement = more power? remember fuel consumption is not a concern to me so ifs that's the reason, pls recommend one of the .28s if they will have more overall power.
Although a .28 will give you more low RPM power, you'll be faster with a good .21 and they make just as much HP... just at a higher RPM.

There are a lot of good motors out there... pick something you can get locally. OS engines have the best carbs, they're the easiest to tune and hold a tune better than anything... but they aren't quite as long-lived as some other engines. They're also the easiest to break in of any of the "major" manufacturers. RB is probably the longest lasting... if you want great reliability and long life, and awesome power an RB WS7III will get you there.

The Werks motors like I run have mixed reviews... some people have problems keeping them tuned, but my holds a tune great and I've got almost 6 gallons through it, with plenty of pinch left. (I can barely turn it over in the chassis still)