R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Nats gripe
Thread: ROAR Nats gripe
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Jesse
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mike63
I understand your point but let me explain how this works (I'm not a sponsered driver but I've made a living playing a different game since I was 20and that game has just as many products as rc). Sponsers are sponsers and you're representing the brand, not necessarily the product so it's not false advertisement. As long as you win with your sponsors logo then their happy. Some contracts stipulate you have to use their product some don't but again you're being supported by the brand not the product. You're paid to represent the product and company, represent is the key word here. In my profession we go to great lenghts to take off lables, hide the equipment under towels so people don't see what we're actually using but they do see our logoed shirts, hats and bags. At the highest level, which is what we're talking about here, it's about winning and paychecks and your equipment is what you use to do those things and you use whatever you think will give you that competitive advantage to win and get paid.
i get what you are saying, my thing is, if you dont believe in your product then why run it or basically try and make it better or as good as the product you want to run?

who knows what their contracts state, and i understand if a certain vehicle isnt even out yet or if your chassis sponsor doesnt even have a truggy, then yes run a different kit, no harm no foul.

as for another certain individual (oldschool), i do understand its all about winning, i love racing, its about the funnest thing you can do, i cant stand to run my kit without some type of clock LOL

but there is more than just getting paid and winning. If people are only into this hobby for the money, then they are in the wrong buisness, i have yet to see a top level driver roll up in a Lambo and have a mansion on the hill...you have better luck getting into harvard, and just by reading your responses, im not even sure if you have any luck in that department as well lol

this convo has gone way south and im not even sure why people are trying to debate the fact if we should have a sportsman class at the Nats...

there is a time and place for everything and a sportsman class at the nats isnt one of them.

the only gripe i have is people not having pride in what they run. take it as you want.