Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S_fender
I've read the TC5R manual :
Anti-Dive :
Reduces weight transfer to the front on deceleration entering corners and
reduces caster.
and as a consequence :
Decreased caster gives a more responsive feel and more exit steering.

Kick-up :
More entry steering and more caster so :
Increasing caster reduce mid to exit corner and front is less responsive.

Why Rick have used 1° anti-Dive and 6° C-Hub (5° total caster) and not 1° kick-up + 4° C-Hub (5° total caster) ?
Is it because 5° caster was the best and anti dive was used for reducing the weight transfer ?
Or there is another answer ?

Sebastien
The anti-dive is what I was seeking. I only used the 6 degree caster blocks to returnb the caster so that is as close to the desired position as I can get using anti-dive. Optimally, I would use 7 degreee blocks for 6 degree caster AND anti-dive. but this is not available. Although it could be an interesting tuning part for an aftermarket parts company - 3, 5, and 7 degree blocks for those that run anti-dive.

I went to the inside position on the rear arm as a result of my Tamiya experiences. The Tamiya car used different shock position front and rear which resulted in the use of the same springs all-around. I never ran "split" springs front and rear with Tamiya so I thought I would try and set up the TC5 so I could do the same thing. That is why I used the green springs all around.

All these changes happened at a point in the event that I did not play with it much more. The car was so good I did not want ot mess with it further. But we have our Nationals next week so I will work on it a bit more and see what happens.