R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Nats gripe
Thread: ROAR Nats gripe
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 06:01 PM
HookaMega
Tech Adept

Default ROAR Nats gripe

I just wanted to throw this out there.

Why should factory drivers be allowed to run hop ups, upgrades or an entire chassis kit that is not yet available to the other racers? Most of the main R/C products companies spend countless hours engineering and testing thier products making them faster and more durable. Then the drivers that are sponsored by these companies are aloud to run these products in a ROAR sanctioned event like Nats or Regionals to compete in the same classes for the same points as the average racer.

If the Nats for example had a sportsman class and a factory pro class it would be different. Then the average Joe racer would not be forced to compete against technology that is not available to them.

I dunno but I think the run what you brung setup should be ok for club racing but when your talking about a national or regional event the rules need to dictate a more level playing field. This is no new concept either as this is the case in many other forms of real racing where rules are in force to keep things a bit more even so that budget and access to technology does not so much dictate who competes, finishes or even wins the event.

I just think it is as simple as, if you cannot buy it at your local hobby dealer or even online atleast 90 days prior to the event then it's not legal for that event.

It's becoming too common for companies to use these events to test or show off thier new and improved - soon to be released technology which may or may not create an unfair advantage but none the less opens the door for a very lop-sided playing field.

any thoughts?