R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 03:25 PM
a_main_attendee
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey all,
since it is finally summer time (schools out, YAY!!!) , i had time to completely dissable my car and clean everything that gets ignored even after weekly routine maintenence.

What i found was astonishing,
After every run i check to see if my chassis is tweak free, i set my ride height, droop, check for excess play, etc, etc.

When recently i had my car in kit form (from near complete dissasembly) i checked to see if my chassis was strait, as it was spot on, and i did the same with the top deck,

here's the problem though,

After i got everything assembled, i check to see if my chassis was still perfectly flat, it wasn't.

i thought, no big deal, i'll just loosen the top deck and tighten it down when the chassis is perfectly flat,

it didn't work.

What i came to realise was that the standoffs (or chassis supports, as losi calls them) were bent, ALL OF THEM

I was pretty upset considering they are near to 20 bucks for two.

I do consider myself as a pretty good driver, and i can't remember the last time i broke something.

So is it just me? They are the same exact ones i got with the kit nearly a touch more than a year ago (though this isn't my first complete teardown of the car)

or are these things pretty frigile?

I can bend them easily with some pliers, it seems too easy in fact.

Has anybody ever had this problem? are there any stronger peices for the car?

Sorry for the rant, and thanks for your time.
-Kyle