R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 10:30 AM
NitroLuver
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panther
The Jammin car is one of the heaviest buggies that competes on the national scene. That is the need for the light stuff on it. I dremeled off unnecessary plastic and put every lightweight item on my car. I NEVER put the aluminum items on my car other than the alum center diff mount. It all adds up and helps.

This car hands down is one of the best and most consistant from track to track on the market,for the beginner and the pro.

also when you lighten up the car it does less strain one the parts of the vehicle for instance you take a 9lb truggy vs an 11 lb truggy the 9lb will be better on bearings, clutches(as they will have less strain),a-arms less strain on hard landings eg...same for lightened driveline less weight to pull makes the car accelerate that much harder and parts will last longer...there are many affects to a lighter vehicle why do you think everyone is going into production with lighter vehicles because they perform well and last longer

anyway onto my question:

if i run the pbs what should i expect i've been told that the car turns better but at the cost of being twitchy...i ask because i just got another jammin with both c-hub and pbs..i am gonna try the c-hub first but may put the pbs on if i feel the need