R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX5R
Thread: Mugen MBX5R
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Vsfriedmugan
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
Hi pracy,

The stock 3x8mm screws are way too short and the #1 reason why the diffs leak at the gasket (most think it is at the o-rings but it is more common for the gasket to leak). The longer screws will grab no problem as I put 3x15mm flat heads in my Mugen screw kit so you'll have another 7mm of threads threading into new plastic. Before you install the longer screws, drive a 3x12mm cap head into the cup without the gear on it so it pre-threads it all the way in. The cap heads use a bigger 2.5mm hex wrench making the job much easier. Then install the gear and 3xz15mm flat heads. Be sure to use a lot of grease on the o-rings, out drive and shim behind the inside bevel gear. USe Mugen Super Grease, Mobil 1 synthetic grease (any auto parts store has the tube) or the Maxima synthetic grease (most motorcycle shops have the tub).

Best regards,
ive done this.... but the more grip seems to mess with the gear mesh (conical & bevel) similar to bad cb and spr gear mesh... I put the smaller screws back in and the mesh corrected itself.. iam i missing something....? maybe a shim or somthing...?