R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 10:46 PM
nc-hopsing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Small update......... Went by the track and hung out with Dan for a bit. He is shooting for an opening around July 4th. The track wont be to full completion but it will be in working order. He just needs to get it open to start bringing in some $$. Pit tables are almost finished......he was working on getting the AMB and computer stuff hooked up today when I was there. A bobcat was supposed to be there tonight and he was hoping to do the track this weekend. I have a race this weekend otherwise I would go over and see if any track work is in progress (and offer some help).

Some side notes............

For now races will probably held during daylight..........he has one brand new high zoot bitchin' light on top of the stand......he needs more (he figures 9 or 10 for proper lighting) at $400 a pop. Sooo, daylight races for now probably.

Right now there is no concrete under the pit tables. That will change.......later. Time and $$$. Need to get the track operational, need revenue, and NEED TO RACE!!!

Still going to do covered pits eventually as well, but for now...bring an EZ up

We were discussing "membership programs" and "racer incentives" to make things more interesting, fun and exciting. Stay tuned.

Race fees will be in the range of $18 to $20 (but it will be worth it). He wants to try and keep it at $18. The race fee at the old track was $15, but at that rate, it wont pay the bills.

For those that have been there, you know the entrance road is dirt......that will change as well.

There are proabably 6-8 (6 for sure) water valves around the track with 50 foot hoses on each and plenty of water pressure too.

Dan is super excited about getting the place operational. Hopefully, everyone will show their support and come out to race regularly. I know I will!