R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 04:14 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Paul Lomas
It works pretty well too with 2nd place overall in the National Championships Sportsman Class (nothing faster than a 12x1) last season. First year back racing after a 15 year break too.

I started on the design back in the early 90's but never progressed with it due to giving up racing and the materials not being available. Carbon fibre was a lot more flexible then. It also looked clumsy with 6-cells in it. I did build a prototype back then but never drove it. Got some pictures somewhere.

Despite it looking like a lot of car it still only weighs in at 830 grams with a PT fitted. If anyone's after a compact pivot ball design I can recommend the centre pivot off the BMI. Couldn't have built the car without them!
That's about when I first started working on my design but in 1/10th. When the EV10 came out I gave up on the idea and ran that for awhile and after seeing John's thread where he made a floating pod on his pan car it got me working on it again. I'd love to do what you have done and build my idea but I just don't have the equipment to do it. Trying to get myself better with my CAD software so that I can get someone else to cut the parts for me