R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 09:48 AM
micrors4guy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by tex1
At this time, the only car designed better is the 808. They obviously took a long hard look at the Losi and made a few very good improvments. The front end, gearing and servo savers are all there. There are still minor issues to deal with but the results are stunning. RC America is right here in Dallas and these guys are learning every week and getting faster and faster. Our local Losi drivers used to run away and hide. Not any more!

Drake and Truhe are among the best in the business! The Ryans and Tebo are right there with them as well as Maifield. When other cars catch up, and being a Worlds year I believe they will, there will be quite a few other drivers up there as well. Hughes, Pavidis, Degani, Wheeler and some outsiders. We'll see.
Just sharing my findings. That's all.
BTW - I do design products for a living. I don't believe in stating or posting something as fact based on what would only be speculation. That is not really fair to anyone spending their time here on the forum.
Go watch a good 808 run and you will see how my car has been since the finals last year. Now if I could just drive like the Drake!

TEX
can you repost the picturs of this front end mod you are talking about. I check this thread daily and I dont remiember seeing it. Also, I guess it comes down to the throtal control for the gearing thing. I am running the 50t spur with 13t bell in both truggy and buggy and I can come arround a corner and get no wheel spin and still make jumps. It's all in the finger pulling the trigger.