R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Just blew my motor!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Geez I have run and modified dozens of Picco's........Jammin 21 being the best race .21 I have ever run..... I have only blown up 1 Picco .21, and it was from revving the motor while my Truggy was upside down... I guess the crankpin lost lubrication and the bronze busing in the conrod welded itself tot he crankpin, which resulted in my connecting splitting like a wishbone......... BUt it was 100% my fault from abuse.......

I see so many guys who dont beleive in break in, they dont even fire their brand new engine till they are trackside..they cold idle 1 tank then they are on the track hammering the piss out of the motor......... Yes you can break a motor in this way, but be prepared to change the conrod immediately.........As for bearings, once again I have Picco .21's with 7 race gallons still on original bearings..... So if the bearings are shot in 1 gallon its user error most likely.....IMHO the Picco .21's are the best,fastest 21 money can buy, they run so good when they are brand new that it foold people into thinking they are ready to be hammered on....meanwhile these motors will be metal on metal tight and in need of some break in TLC

Last edited by Maximo; 05-29-2008 at 09:07 AM.