R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX5R
Thread: Mugen MBX5R
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 04:21 AM
pracy
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Tony, I have gotten both greases and will use them in the places suggested...

I don't think i need to take a picture as I have just got it back together and its working great!! big thanks

I will take a pic tomorrow hopefully just so everyone can see it setup properly and you can pick out anything i may have wrong but i think its all good to go...

I have the rods on the inside of the screw on the horn on all three linkage rods and have adjusted the brake lever so the linkage rod is now going straight through the centre.. works great.

One thing that isn't working too great is the rubber band. how small of a band do you guys use? I had a couple and tried them and also a hair band but it doesn't pull back on the carb enough to close it. doesn't even move it to be specific. I had the band on the front of the carb so it didn't rub the carb boot but i just looked at the pic on page 31 and he has it over the rubber boot which may make it pull straighter and work. does it wear through the rubber boot though?

I also looked at my clutch and i couldn't believe how fast it has worn. i am almost (.5mm) worn through to rubbing on the springs which i guess is the end of the shoes life?
stock shoes, stock 1mm springs,vspec and about 3 race days and a couple park runs and they're are toast.
will order some 7075 alloy shoes (couple pairs lol) next week i guess.
how long should the stock shoes have lasted?

thank all!