R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2001, 09:23 PM
David Galdo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Corse-R

If you race in a bumpy track and/or doesn't have the grip you desire, you need to:

1- go lighter in oil and springs. My experience says me that stock springs work very good, maybe a blue spring at rear with 40 or 50 with the bigger pistons front and medium rears.

2- Raise your car. The sum of a lighter car in suspension and higher in clearance, gives us a higher roll center and thus, when cornering, help us to get more grip. The cars is more blobby but docile to drive on these conditions

3- Fitting inwards the upper shock position (center at front, center or inner at the rear should help too).

What you said: Bad idea my bro. If you soften only the front, when you throttle off, the weight distribution sends the weight of the car to the front, increasing steering and reducing grip at the rear, when you accelerate, it occurs the opposite, the weight in front is reduced and you loose steering when you're getting out the turns and hairpins.
The two things I did not try was raising the car and using the stock springs. I am familiar with the XRAY entering and exiting the turns with much more speed. I may have been trying to force the TC3 to do the same.

Bullseye had my car for a few laps and said the car was great but had too much steering for him. So I may need to work more on the driver and less on the car.

Last edited by RCCadet; 12-10-2001 at 09:28 PM.